Drug and substance today has its causes. To find a perfect treatment for the affected patients, the rehab centers have to match the problem with its source. Treatment for addicts is both physical and psychological. A good rehab detox center must be able to match successfully the patient and treatment mechanism. To determine the effectiveness of a rehab center patient-treatment matching there must use considerations such as,
- Type of drug used.
The treatment for marijuana is very different to that one of a heroin addict. A rehab center cannot use the same type of treatment for both patients.
- History of drug use
Some patients have complex drug use history. While some have an addiction problem to one drug, others use multiple drugs and fining the perfect treatment strategy is important.
- Patient environment
To avoid problems such as relapses a good rehab must try to understand the environment the patient is in. Whether it is possible to release the patient back to the same environment without the risk of a relapse is an important consideration. With regards to patient-treatment matching mechanisms, counseling relies heavily on this.
- Existing medical conditions
Drug and substance abuse victims have other existing conditions such as HIV/AIDS and mental illness. You have to match the patient’s treatment with consideration to this factor and decide which medical assistance they need without affecting their treatment procedure.
- Treatment method
While matching the patient to their St. Johns Recovery Place treatment procedure you have to understand whether the patient is an inpatient or an outpatient. Outpatients have less close supervision while inpatients supervision is close and more intense. To decide the mode of treatment you have to look at factors like the level of illness and the effectiveness of any particular plan.
- Available staff competence
Before a rehab center comes up with patient treatment program they have to match it with the staff members available and their competence. If there are levels of the treatment a rehab center cannot accomplish due to the staff members available it is not advisable to leave your patient there.
Treatment programs sometimes vary with the gender. For the female gender a rehabilitation center must come up with a treatment program that has in consideration such as ovulation and cases of pregnancy.
These are just some of the considerations a good rehab center must have before decides to match a particular patient to a particular program or mode of treatment. There are others many more such as Age, chemical allergies for those requiring detoxification and many more.
Matching a patient to their right mode of treatment can very good since it reduces the length of the treatment period and ends up giving back to society a better productive person.
The problem of alcohol addiction is so acute in most of the US states. A number of rehab facilities have been established to deal with the problem. We have those that are run by the state and those that are run by companies. There are various factors that you must consider before deciding on the rehabilitation centre to join. You can either join a centre that is found within your state or that is found in another state. In case you want to join an alcohol rehab that is not found within your state, there are various cons that you must be ready to bear with. These are as follows:
- Leaving support-When you move to a rehab which is far from your state, it means that you move far away from your family. The family is an important aspect that supports your recovery process. Close connection with your family has big positive impacts on recovery outcomes.
- Financial challenges– some insurance covers do not consider rehabs that are outside your state. In case you choose sober homes away from your state, it means that you will finance the recovery program through your pocket which may prove to be very expensive. Before you select any facility that is out of your state, it is important to check whether your insurance will cover the program.
- Risking discomfort– There are various discomforts associated with undertaking an alcohol recovery program. These discomfitures can be made worse in case you’re recovering in an unfamiliar environment. In case you want to manage these discomforts well, it is advisable that you choose a state that is not far from your home.
- The crucial factors in case you’re looking for a rehab, it is important to consider whether its programs will offer you the support and personnel that is required to overcome your problem. You must consider the treatment options available, inpatient and outpatient options and what you are required to buy. In case an in-state program has these factors, it is crucial to choose it.
- Costs-A rehab far away from your state may be expensive because of the need to travel. It is important to evaluate the main reasons that might compel you to choose such a program. In case you find that the rehabs found within your state have the same services as that of outside you state, it is commendable to choose the former to cut on costs.
- Disconnection to counsellors and therapists-It may be difficult for counsellors and therapists to offer you further services after being discharged from their facility. This is because your state is far away and it may be difficult to visit you regularly and monitor your progress.